Monday 26 April 2010

Bird ringing whilst in Catalunya...



Bluethroat - Male

Whilst myself and Alex were in Spain I was lucky enough to help out with 2 morning ringing session's with Menzie's Boss... This took place in the last few days of my stay..

Redstart - Male

Bluethroat - Female

Reed warbler

During both mornings I witnessed ringing in a whole new world... This was ofcourse seeing a different array of birds in the hand - Spanish birds in the hand! I was lucky enough to see the beauty of some extra special birds in the hand and a few of them I was able to ring.....

Birds ringed by myself during both mornings....

10 Blackcap, 7 Willow warbler, 3 Chiffchaff, 1 Whitethroat, 1 Wood warbler, 2 Sedge warbler, 2 Reed warbler, 1 Nightingale, 2 Redstart, 5 Sand martin and 1 Bluethroat...

A total of 35 birds were ringed by myself of 11 species - absolutely fantastic ringing!!

There were also other birds caught within my 2 mornings which included: Corn bunting and Blue-headed wagtail..

Throughout the week I also had in the hand: Scops owl, Aquatic warbler, Great-reed warbler, Subalpine warbler and Cetti's warbler.... The first 3 species ofcourse were the best..

More pictures on the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment