Sunday 14 November 2010

*Scan weekend - {23rd/24th} October*

After yet another successfull twitch to Inner Marsh Farm for a Juvenile White-Winged Black Tern, I was able to have 4 days rest which did me the world of good! Early on Saturday 22nd October, I met up with Steve, Rachel and the team for another weekend of cannon-netting along the North Wales coast..
A single adult Greenshank was caught, ringed by Andrew Moss.
Several Juvenile Dunlin.
An unexpected colour-ringed Redshank. I will update once I have recieved the details on this bird.
The beach at Llanfairfechan where we managed a catch of 100+ Oystercatcher.

Overall, a great weekend was had by all, with a total of 200 or so birds being ringed. Many thanks to Steve Dodd and to the rest of the team for another successfull weekend's ringing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris, Looks like a great weekend.
    Do you have a contact for SCAN that you can give me? I'm a Conservation graduate in Liverpool, and I'd love to get involved. adamjamesmillington@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete