Tuesday 24 January 2012

Waders in Wales!

Last night I headed along to Morfa Madryn near Llanfairfechan for some night time wader mist netting. Steve, Rachel and I headed out with Zac, Matt and Ros and set several nets across saltmarsh pools in the hope for a mixed variety of waders throughout the night.

A superb session with good numbers of Dunlin (50), Knot (13), Redshank (7) and Oystercatcher (5), and Mallard (2), were caught throughout the night. Finishing around 2am, we had all had a superb night and huge thanks as always to Steve and Rachel for a great night! Huge thanks also to the rest of the guys for making it a thoroughly enjoyable nights ringing!

4 comments:

  1. What a superb session Chris! And those Little Grebe further down; awesome. I recently acquired a lamp for dazzling, but haven't 'road tested' it yet but you have given me a few ideas! Cheers, Seumus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Seumus! It was a superb night! I am yet to catch anything with lamping but the new lamp arrives tomorrow and then the catching begins. Good luck if you do decide to go out! Look forward to a catch up at the North West Ringers Conference. Cheers Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I couldn't make it. Family commitment. Bit cheesed off that I missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure we will have a catch up at the next SCAN session Ian. Hope all is well with the family. See you in February!

    ReplyDelete